How Do You Issue a Winding Up Petition?

A Winding Up Petition (WUP) is the most serious action that can be taken against a company and usually is only issued if a creditor is determined to recover an undisputed debt or put the company out of business because the debtor company is believed to be insolvent.

The creditor will issue a statutory demand, which is a formal notice giving the debtor 21 days to settle the debt. If it remains unsatisfied after that time the creditor makes an application to the High Court or a Chancery Court (a division of the High Court) District Registry to wind the company up. 

If you receive a WUP, you must act quickly and should contact business expert Peter Murray on 020 7504 1300 immediately as there may still be time to discuss options such available to for the company.  This does not have to be the end of the road if you wish to carry on trading .

Beech Holdings (Manchester) Ltd – Currently Under Investigation


Beech Holdings (Manchester) Ltd (now called Manchester Property Developments Holdings Ltd) is a company self-described as a prominent residential developer and operator with a rich…

Read More
off plan property

Navigating Off-Plan Property Purchases: Your Guide to Recovery


Purchasing off-plan property can be an enticing prospect, offering a chance to secure a futureproperty at potentially lower prices and reap wonderful returns. However, the…

Read More

The Power of Unity: How Creditors’ Action Groups Can Help Recover Your Investments


Sometimes, when investments take a wrong turn, it can leave you feeling isolated,powerless, and hopeless. You might question your ability to fight back as an…

Read More

Debt Assignment: What You Need to Know


You may have heard the term “debt assignment” tossed around in the world of finance, but whatdoes it really mean? Simply put, debt assignment is…

Read More